The pool is open between Memorial day and Labor day.
- 12pm to 8pm
- Rubber Ducky Day
2pm to 4pm Sundays only.
Water Aerobics Information
[pool rules download link]
Ledgewood Pool Rules and Regulations
Revised and Board of Trustees approved December 2015
The following rules and regulations have been established for the benefit of all residents and their guests to ensure their safety while using the pools and facilities. Anyone in violation of these rules may be asked to leave the pool area. Continued violation of these rules is cause for suspension of pool privileges.
1. The pool will be open daily from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., weather permitting. If hours are
changed, they will be posted at the swimming pool and recorded on the answering machine.
2. Our residents and their properly identified guests can use the pool. Residents are defined as
yearround occupants of properties in Ledgewood and their legal dependents. Visiting friends,
people spending the summer, relatives (including children of residents who no longer are
dependents or grandchildren), former Ledgewood residents, etc. do NOT meet the definition of
3. There are no physical pool passes. We have a new identification system. In order to be added
to the system, residents will need to show proof of residency. Proof of residency must include
your name and address on it. Examples of acceptable proof of residency: driver’s license,
water bill, electric bill, report card, doctor’s bill. Your information will be added to the system
and your picture will be taken. Children under 5 will not have their picture taken.
4. Guest passes will remain at the pool and be maintained by the pool staff. Each household will
receive thirty (30) free guest passes. Residents can purchase additional pool passes in groups
of 10 for $20.00 after the 30 free passes are used. Residents must be present to sign in their
5. No person may use the pool unless a lifeguard is present and on duty in the pool area.
6. All residents and guests must checkin with the lifeguard at the front desk.
7. Children under 10 must be able to swim one width of the pool and be able to tread water for 60
seconds to be at the pool not accompanied by an adult.
8. No running or horseplay is allowed in the pool or deck area to ensure the safety of everyone at
the pool. Behavior or actions that, in the judgment of the lifeguards, breaks pool rules or
endangers the safety of swimmers will result in the following disciplinary actions:
● 1st: Lifeguard will give a warning to individual ● 2nd: Individual will be required to sit on the pool deck near lifeguard chair for 15 minutes ● 3rd: Individual will be sent home and will not be allowed to return until a meeting is held
with pool manager, pool trustee and a parent or guardian if the individual is a minor.
9. Offensive language will NOT be tolerated. Any use of profanity, vulgar, or offensive language
witnessed by a lifeguard or reported to a lifeguard by an adult, will result in immediate removal
from the pool for the rest of the day and possible review by the manager or trustees. Verbal or
physical abuse of a lifeguard or reckless endangerment of other swimmers will result in
immediate removal from the pool. Lifeguards have been directed by the trustees to request
assistance from the Strongsville Police when any situation might compromise the safety of the
lifeguard staff, residents, and/or swimmers.
10. All swimmers (except adults) are required to take a rest break each hour while at the pool.
This means anyone under the age of 16 must completely exit the pools. Breaks are scheduled
the last 10 minutes of every hour. There is a 15 minute rest break the last hour at the end of
11. Alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted in the pool or deck area. Smoking is NOT permitted
with in the clubhouse, deck, or pool area. A designated smoking area is available outside the
12. Glass containers or bottles are NOT permitted in the pool area at ANY time. Paper and cans
should be thrown in the trash containers provided in the deck area. Please pick up your own
litter when you are leaving.
13. Chewing gum is NOT permitted in the pool area.
14. Proper swimsuits are required at all times in the pool. Clothing that could contribute to
entrapment and inhibit lifesaving measure, loose fitting clothing, heavy garments, and jean
shorts are prohibited.
15. Deck chairs and lounges are intended for adults, unless the pool is not crowded.
16. Rubber Ducky Day is on Sundays from 2:00p.m4:00p.m. Rafts, floats, or similar floatation
devices are permitted in the main pool only during this time. Noodles are allowed at any time.
17. Children who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper in our pools. Our lifeguards are
trained to respond to a bacterial release in our pools. Should there be an accidental bacterial
release, the lifeguards will evaluate the situation and respond. The pool may be closed for a
period of time while additional chlorine is added to the water. If additional steps are necessary,
lifeguards will make the decision with the manager and trustees, following all required health
standards to protect the safety and health of our residents.
18. Only Coast Guard Approved life jackets will be allowed to be used in our pools.
19. Nonswimmers are NOT permitted in the deep end of the main pool. Nonswimmers are
identified as any patron that needs the assistance of water wings, life jackets, noodles, or any
other floatation device to stay afloat.
20. An adult needs to accompany any child that needs the assistance of a floatation device in our
pools at all times.
21. Children using the baby pool must be accompanied by an adult at all times. There is no
lifeguard on duty for the baby pool. Adults are responsible for the safety of their children while
using this pool. 22. Diving Boards Rules:
● In order to use the diving board, patrons must be able to swim one (1) width of the main
pool without stopping.
● Only one (1) person is allowed on the board at a time.
● Only one (1) bounce is permitted.
● Forward dives/flips only. Back dives and flips are not permitted.
● The deep end is reserved for diving board use only. No swimming in deep end, unless
going off the diving board.
● Persons using the diving board, must jump/dive straight off the board. Jumping to the
side is not permitted.
● Flotation devices are prohibited when using the diving board. These include: life jackets,
water wings, water rings, noodles, etc.
23. The East shallow end is reserved for adult swim only from 12:00p.m.1:00 p.m. and from 5:00
p.m. 8:00 p.m. Children are NOT permitted in this end during these times.
24. Continuous lap swimming is permitted in the two lap lanes. Please be courteous and be
prepared to share your lane with other swimmers. Sitting, hanging on the lane lines, and diving
into the lanes is NOT permitted.
25. Kickboards are available at the front desk. Kickboards must be used in the lap lanes only and
should be returned to the front desk when finished.
26. Portable radios are permitted in the pool area, but must be set on a low to moderate volume
level. If the volume is determined to be disrupting to the lifeguards or other residents, you may
be asked to turn it off.
27. If an accident occurs at the pool, our insurance carrier requires an accident/incident report be
28. The lifeguards have the discretion to close the pool due to hazardous weather conditions. A
message will be left on the answering machine to notify residents of any pool closings.
29. Residents can call 440238600 for any pool updates on closings or changes in hours of
30. ALL DECISIONS BY POOL LIFEGUARDS ARE FINAL. Questions or comments regarding the
Ledgewood Pool lifeguards, decisions made, or pool rules should be directed to the pool